KERR FAMILY CHRONICLES© Christopher Earls Brennen
THE REID FAMILY
This is the family history of our ancestors, Graham Reid and his daughter Sarah Anne Reid who married Joseph Kerr.
Area of County Tyrone the Reids called home.
- Joseph Reid was born about 1780 in Castlecaulfield, Dungannon, County Tyrone. He became a farmer in Knocknarney, Carnteel, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Knocknarney is a townland just north of Carnteel which is about 10 miles southwest of Dungannon and just outside Aughnacloy. His children:
- Susan Reid was born about 1828.
- Joseph Reid
- Robert Reid
- William Reid married a woman named Moffitt and had nine children.
- Graham Reid was born about 1835 and became a farmer in Knocknarney, Carnteel, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Knocknarney is a townland just north of Carnteel which is about 10 miles southwest of Dungannon and just outside Aughnacloy. Graham married Margaret White. Graham and Margaret had children:
- Graham Reid was married to Margaret Miller on Aug.18, 1892, in Cavankilgreen, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone.
- Sarah Anne Reid was born about 1856 in Knocknarney, Carnteel, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. On Sept.28, 1877, Sarah Anne married Joseph Kerr (1841-) in the parish church of Carnteel, County Tyrone. Their family is described in the preceding chapter.
- William Reid was born about 1857 in Knocknarney, Carnteel, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. He married Margaret Eliza Jane Burrows who died on Aug.2, 1949. William died in Aughnacloy, County Tyrone, on Mar.19, 1927. William, Eliza Jane and some of their children are remembered on a gravestone at St.James Church in Aughnacloy, County Tyrone. The gravestone inscription reads: In loving memory of William Reid of Terlugan died 19th March 1927. Also his wife Eliza Jane died 2nd Aug. 1949. Their daughter Jemima who died in infancy. Their son John Henry died 27th April 1988. Also his parents. Their son Graham died 3rd October 1996. Their son James Alexander died 6th November 1999. Elizabeth wife of James died 28th July 2003. Thy kingdom come. We note that Tirelugan is immediately beside Knocknarney and both are just north of Carnteel. We also note the partial discrepancy in William' wife's forename. The children of William and Eliza Jane Reid:
- Anne Elizabeth Reid was born about 1892. She died in 1978.
- Thomas Adam Reid was born about 1894. On Jul.12, 1928, he married Annie Elizabeth Cooke in Toronto, Canada.
- Susan Jane Reid was born about 1895. She died in 1984.
- William Robert Reid was born about 1897. He married Jeannie Magee. He died in 1979.
- Emily Margaret Reid was born about 1899. She died in 1960.
- John Henry Reid was born about 1901. He died on Apr.27, 1968.
- Jemima Reid was born about 1902. She died in 1903.
- Isabella Reid was born about 1904. She died in 1982.
- Graham Reid was born about 1906. He died on Oct.3, 1996.
- James Alexander Reid was born about 1908. He married Elizabeth ? who died on Jul.28, 2003. James died on Nov.6, 1999.
- Eliza Jane Reid was born about 1861 in Knocknarney, Carnteel, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. On Sep.27, 1869, Eliza Jane was married in the Church of Aughnacloy and Carnteel to Thomas Morrison, born on Nov.19, 1826, in Glendaroch, Aghaloo, County Tyrone. Thomas was the son of James Morrison (1801-) and Isabella (Kingsberry). Thomas Morrison died before 1911. Eliza Jane died in 1920. The children of Thomas and Eliza Jane Morrison:
- Thomas John Morrison was born on Jan.26, 1891, in Rahaghey, Aghaloo, Ballymagran Parish near Dungannon, County Tyrone. Thomas John was married to Mary (Minnie) Johnston in the Registrars Office in Christchurch, New Zealand on Aug.31, 1926. Thomas John lived most of his life in Sydenham, Canterbury, New Zealand and died in Christchurch, New Zealand on Oct.9, 1968. Thomas John's daughter, Jillian D. Elder (email@example.com), was connected through her DNA with Katharine Doreen Kerr and hence confirmed the link between this Reid family and the Kerr family.
Last updated 15/3/19.
Christopher E. Brennen